Marriage – Dan Pearce, a blogger, and single dad, has zero experience on how to make your better half happy or how to make a marriage work at all. With 2 unsuccessful marriages under his belt and in his own words, “I don’t have any good marriage advice to give. After all, I’ve never had a successful marriage out of the two marriages I did have.”
HOWEVER, the sardonic father does have some understanding of what not to do, if you ever want to keep any relationship on its wheels rolling.
Here are Dan’s 16 awesome lists of how not to blow your marriage.
1. Don’t stop holding her hand.
2. Don’t stop trying be attractive. It keeps the fire burning.
3. Point out her strengths and not weaknesses. This encourages her to work more on her weaknesses.
4. If you’re a good cook, never stop cooking for her.
5. Never yell at your spouse. Being gentle and soft-spoken at all times…commands respect.
6. No name-calling. Avoid this at all cost.
7. Be generous with your money.
8. Never argue in front of the kids.
9. Always encourage each other to work out.
10. Keep the bathroom door shut when pooping.
11. Don’t you ever stop kissing…
12. Ensure you always have fun together. If you can’t think of one way to have fun…Create one!
13. Don’t pressure each other.
14. Don’t label each other with negative labels.
15. Don’t skip out on things that are important to her.
16. Don’t emotionally distance yourself after a fight.
In conclusion, while many of us are guilty of all these and then some, I hope that by applying some (or all) of the advice given by Dan, we may just, in fact, boost an already-dying relationship. It’s time to get some new sparks on and rekindle that old flame of yours.